Thursday, May 15, 2008

May 15, 2008

So far a good week. I wrestled with tempation in the form of a pink reading glasses with little fake diamonds and won. Reading glasses, bags and shoes are my weak spots which is why I own enough of each to never buy any again.

The best part of the week so far is solving the newspaper problem in the form of a friend who will pass on his Saturday globe to me. This is huge because although, as Ellen and Michelle note, newspapers can be read on line, one of life's great pleasures is to curl up on my couch with the Saturday globe and, the saturday crytpic, another of life's great pleasures, is not on line. I have also discovered that my community association has a small library with magazines.

And we are back to the tampon issue since thanks to Margaret I have just learned about sponges. I think I could rationalize buying those unless menopause hits before I use up my existing tampon supply. Part of the point of this exercise for me is to see what I can do without and I don't want to get too pedantic about the definitions and buy disposables when I could buy a reusable instead.

No comments: