Monday, August 4, 2008

not shopping in Iceland

I am in shopper's paradise. Oh the shoes! I have never seen so many wonderful shoes--not just in the stores but on people's feet. The perfect pair (in my price range) is a mere three or four blocks from where I am staying, surrounded by other spectacular pairs whose price I couldn't read through the window. My first thought, of course, was that I must come back in a year when I can shop. My second was that it is crazy (and not carbon friendly) to fly that far for shopping so I really should just buy them now. My intention was never to be a fanatic. The third thought--the return of sanity--I don't really need the perfect pair of shoes. Plus, there have been perfect pairs before, there will be again. The clothes are gorgeous too. But shoes are my thing. Such a bummer that I am not here for the flea market as all these beautiful things must end up there.

Heathrow, in contrast, was disappointing for not shopping--ordinary and overprices. I think my standards are going up in this year.

I just read Michelle's comments on the flea market in reykjavik. Now I feel better. Thanks Michelle.

No comments: