Thursday, May 7, 2009

A quick retrospective

I have just been looking over my year and two things come to mind. First, in both my first post and my most recent, I mention resisting buying a purse. Is it a coincidence that both were orange? And perhaps it is worth noting that I already own three orange bags, at least one of which is kind of trendy (though not "What Not to Wear" trendy).

The second is that I talk about shoes a lot. I must have 3 dozen pair (low by many people's standards) and still often can't find an appropriate pair to wear. Today for instance, what can I wear in the rain with my cheap but trendy, and more relevantly reddish, second hand coat? The red sneakers one might think; but with the sock shortage, I am reduced to wearing blue socks and I just don't know about that combo.

Writing all this down, it strikes even me as ridiculous.

Other things noticed, I never did use the yoghurt containers nor the ironing board. In fact I recently got rid of some of the shirts bought last year at VV because they need ironing (and are kind of ugly). I think I need to bring the second hand shopping under control as well, though this year has been pretty good for that also.

No comments: