Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dukan Diet Day 16

For the moment at least, I've made my peace with the diet. This morning the scales were trying to dip below the 150 mark. I remember when they first hit 150. I was in Mexico in 2002 and my dad and I had walked downtown to go to Sanborns. They had a machine that for a few pesos would measure height, weight and BMI. I put in my pesos and when the slip came out, my dad looked at it and said 150 lbs. I didn't believe him; I grabbed the slip, checked the numbers and said, "well they got my height wrong too". Well, the height was wrong, but this morning is the closest I have come to 149 since that day. The next milestone will be 145, because I can recall thinking my life was over the first time I got there.

Just ate a can of tuna with Thai Chili paste, that I used to like to eat with crackers. I cannot now fathom why I ever found it anything other than revolting.

Tomorrow will be our first real test; out to dinner with non-dieters.

1 comment:

margaret said...

you go girl. right now, we weigh the same. But not for long I bet.